Obviously, you’re going to want to insert more than just text in your page — here is how you insert additional types of content into your posts:
To insert a link:
- Enter the text for the link as you would any other text
- Swipe the portion of the text you wish to become the link
- Click the “Insert/Edit Link” button (the one with the chain)
- You have 2 choices… you can enter a URL of an site by entering the appropriate information ‑OR- you can link to another page within YOUR site by clicking on one of the pages in the drop-down on that screen
To Insert An Image (and other media):
- There are buttons at the top left of the editor labels “Upload/Insert”. There are buttons for images, video, music, and media and they function similarly. For images, click on the “Add Image” button.
- In the following window, you will need to upload your image. Select the image from your computer and upload it. WordPress will automatically size it and create thumbnails for this image.
- When it’s done, the image will show up in your Media Library. Select the image — it will show you details about the image. Just click on the “Insert Into Post” button to insert this image.
You can also add an image that is already uploaded — just go straight to the Media Library instead of uploading a new image. However, it is sometime better to upload the image for each post, because WordPress associated uploaded images with posts, particularly when it comes to galleries.
If you are interested in creating an image gallery, contact me and I’ll send the FAQ… it can be a little confusing.